Sunday, November 30, 2008

WOD 113008, Sunday

"Climbing Day"
Today is my first day of climbing after 2 weeks, it seems long enough. I've decided to do more bouldering instead, which I haven't been active in since Summit Rock Climbing Gym closed down. Lead climbing is much preferably rather than bouldering in Camp5, at least to me.

So, I've done a few boulder routes gave by Cheng Leong, Canness and also Hong. And after that I was asked to do some lead climb with Paul. Paul is a climber from Singapore which has been active in climbing for the past 2 years, he is very strong indeed. Hearing him screaming and shouting in the gym, falling for more than 5 meters has somehow became a normal events that will happen every weekend. A person with great determination, to keep him going from 1 grade to another, and now he's already training for 7C routes. Knowledgeable enough to taught me many facts about human body nutrients as well as bone structure training. To my surprise, he is actually a full time lawyer back in Singapore, despite the fact that he has all the logo tattoo on him.

Paul recommended me a route under 51 achor, red color route. It looks alright at first, also Paul has given some tips on the route. But it turn out to be pretty tricky, I actually spend more than 30 minutes just to finish the route, which is pretty de-motivating because I normally clean a route in less than 20 minutes. Then he recommended another route under anchor 46, White+Red route, another tricky one with the hand holds everywhere, got me all confused and stuck. But thanks to Paul, he guided me through out the whole route with all sort of different techniques.

After Paul left the gym to catch a bus back to Singapore, I then found out that the red route under anchor 51 was actually grade 6C and the white+red route under anchor 46 was grade 6B+! frankly, I should be able to lead climb 5 routes, but after these 2 crazy route gave by Paul, My fingers were already all numbed and I wasn't even able to belay anybody. So then, I've called it a day for climbing.

Orh yea! And never forget those burpees too.

**********
300 Burpees Challege: 30 Burpees
**********

No comments: