Tuesday, March 2, 2010

WOD 030110

Back Squat 5-5-5
Result: 95, 100, 105kg

Improved! It felt a little easier than the last time I did with such heavy weights!

then:-

For time of:-
30 Pull Ups (Chest-to-bar)
60 Double Unders
20 Pull Ups (Chest-to-bar)
40 Double Unders
10 Pull Ups (Chest-to-bar)
20 Double Unders
Result: 4:28

Attending this workout isn't really that hard. The only tough moment of this is when you try to do double unders after those pull ups. I made myself go all out for pull ups, part of the reason is because I've had enough holiday and is time to kick start my engine again, second part of the reason is I want to know where I stand so far in term of chest-to-bar pull ups.

then:-

"FMP: Avalanche"

Full Mission Profile
Situation:
While on a training exercise earlier today, a NATO aircraft malfunctioned forcing the pilot to eject over the French Pyrenees mountains. The pilot sustained no major injuries, but is suffering from the severe cold, and will need to be rescued ASAP if he is to survive.
Objective:
Your special operation unit will take a helicopter to a safe landing spot approximately 5km from where the pilot's GPS beacon is. This would be a fairly routine rescue, except that you will have to ascend over 2000 vertical feet, deal with hypoxia, and traverse difficult terrain.
You team will be carrying state of the art rewarming suit for the pilot. Each man's load is approximately 40lbs. Based on current temperatures and an incoming storm, you have a drop dead time of 1 hour to get to the pilot and stabilize him to move.
After you have stabilized the pilot. radio the helicopter for pickup location. Because of incoming weather, the longer you take to get there, the further you will have to go to be picked up.

Workout (Wear 20kg vest through out the whole workout.)
Insert:
4 rounds of:
400m Run
50 Squats

3 rounds of:
Kettlebell Swing Breathing Ladder to 5 @ 24kg

4 rounds of:
400m Run
10 Burpees

50 Pull Ups

4 rounds of:
400m Run
25 Box Steps @ 24" (each leg)

3 rounds of:
Kettlebell Swing Breathing Ladder to 5 @ 24kg
4 Long Jumps (2 out and 2 back)

Exfil:
If your insert was 50 minutes or less - Hello comes to you!
If your insert was 50 minutes to 1 hour - Run 800 meters with 20kg vest.
If your insert was 1 hour or more - Run 1.6 km with 20kg vest.

Result: Insert (1hr 28mins) + Exfil (10mins) = 1hr 38mins

This is a workout I was suppose to do with Juan, but due to some silly injury I got from home, I couldn't attend it until now. No joke, this workout is damn tough, but I realized that my body recover pretty fast after the workout, which surprised me. I guess my body somehow gotten used to metabolic conditions.

No comments: